- www.sanitation2008.org - The official site for the International Year of Sanitation. The materials in the kit are posted here.
- www.wsscc.org - The site of the Water Supply & Sanitation Collaborative Council. WSSCC, established by UN mandate
and hosted by WHO, has a track record of almost two decades in networking and advocacy.
- http://hdr.undp.org/en/reports/global/hdr2006 - On this site, you can access the Human Development Report 2006, which focuses on water and sanitation.
- www.globalhandwashing.org - This site of the global public-private partnership for hand-washing is an excellent source of good practices.
- www.irc.nl - The IRC International Water and Sanitation Centre website. IRC facilitates the sharing, promotion, and use of knowledge so that governments, professionals, and organisations can better support poor people’s access to water and sanitation services.
- www.sanicon.net - Sanitation Connection is an online information resource on sanitation managed by a network of water and sanitation organisations.
- www.schoolsanitation.org - This is a toolkit on hygiene, sanitation and water in schools.
- www.unicef.org/wes/index.html - UNICEF’s water, environment, and sanitation programme site. UNICEF works in more than 90 countries around the world to improve water supplies and sanitation facilities in schools and communities and to promote safe hygiene practices.
- www.wateraid.org - WaterAid is an international charity working in 17 countries. Its mission is to overcome poverty by enabling the world's poorest people to gain access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene education.
- www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/en - The water, sanitation, and health site of the World Health Organization. WHO works on aspects of water, sanitation, and hygiene where the health burden is high, where interventions could make a major difference, and where the present state of knowledge is poor.
- www.wsp.org - The website of the Water and Sanitation Program, an international partnership to help the poor gain sustained access to improved water supply and sanitation services.
- www.wssinfo.org/en/welcome.html - This is the site of the WHO/UNICEF Joint Monitoring Programme for Water and Sanitation; it has the latest internationally approved data on access to sanitation at the national level.
- www.unhabitat.org/categories.asp?catid=270 - UN-HABITAT's Water and Sanitation programme website: the programme aims at improving access to safe water and providing adequate sanitation to millions of low-income urban dwellers.
- www.worldtoilet.org - This is the website of the World Toilet Organization, a network of 91 member organisations from 46 countries which aims to bring the neglected issue of toilets and sanitation to the forefront.